How hobbies benefit your productivity – Fast Company
By Aytekin Tank 5 minute Read Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon spends evenings with the turntables . Adena Friedman, CEO of Nasdaq , swears by Tae Kwon Do and told the BBC it serves as a great reminder that success is in her control. Though time is a more precious resource than ever, many of today’s successful business leaders are onto something—the importance of setting aside time for hobbies. For my part, as CEO of JotForm , I spend a few weeks every year olive picking on my family’s farm in Turkey. Afterward, I’m relaxed and refreshed, and I even have a few new ideas, ripe for exploring. It’s not easy to carve out time for the activities that we enjoy. There is a misconception that to succeed in the startup world, we need to be working nonstop . Phrases like “Good things come to those who hustle” dominate the conversation. At the same time, the prevalence of burnout in the workplace is at an all-time high, which makes having a hobby outside of work all the more bene...

Comments
Post a Comment